This Week's Inspiration
1) Grab the book you have designated as your journal. Open it to any page except the first ten or the last ten. Bend the book until the covers meet. Bend it as many times as you need to to get the pages to lie flat
2) You will need some tools for the next part but don't worry they are things you have around the house.
- two shot glasses or similar small glasses, bowls, cups whatever, just make sure they are not from your good set because they are going to get a bit messy
- newspaper, drop cloth something to cover your work area
- a set of water paints (you know those sets of pans you get at the dollar store for a buck or two)
- a paint brush or two, if you have several different size ones gather them at your work area
- your journal
Choose a brush and dip it in water, Now dip it is a color, swirl it around a bit if you want a less transparent color. Now swipe any where on those two pages. Thats right any where with any color. Don't think about it just do it.
Repeat changing colors every now and then. Change your brush every now and then as well if you have multiples. Do this until the page is covered in color. Let Dry!
Oh look no more white page but a page full of color waiting for you to jot down your thoughts. We'll talk about that next week. For the rest of this week repeat this exercise. I would suggest that you do at least five sets (ten pages).
Your page may look something like this. There is no right or wrong only what you feel.
Your basic watercolor kit
Powered by ScribeFire.